Friday, June 2, 2017

Keeping Busy



St. Elizabeth Hospital cardiac center has been slow among the three areas of ICU, clinical ward  and Pre/Post surgical ward. In the clinical ward where I work at this time because we do not have patients in ICU has even less than 15 patients versus 40 bed capacity.

The sad part is our mortality rate is high mainly due to the patients’ critical condition when they come in to the hospital, especially the old ones. It feels depressing when at times there is an expiration in two shifts in a day. This does not affect my work attitude though. I get the hang of it now with my duty in the clinical ward.

Time goes much faster now with my schedule than before because I have a lot to do besides taking care of my patients. I am usually assigned to give medications and in between that I am all over the ward organizing whatever is needed.

June 19th will be the start of medical group mission again from Italy. I will be in ICU then.

No comments:

Post a Comment